Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives and serve those experiencing homelessness in Douglas County? The Lawrence Community Shelter currently seeks qualified applicants to fill the following positions.
The Administrative Assistant will play a crucial role in supporting the daily operations of Lawrence Community Shelter. This position will assist the Executive Director and the leadership team in administrative tasks, ensuring smooth functioning and efficient delivery of services to our guests.
Classification: Full-time, salaried, exempt
Salary: $35,500-$40,000, commensurate with experience
Benefits include: Referral program, Paid time off, Health, dental, and vision insurance, Basic life/AD&D insurance, Employee Assistance Program
- Monday-Friday 8a-4p
- Participation in events or other duties outside of standard working hours
- Attendance of mandatory staff meetings and training
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and leadership team, including scheduling appointments, managing calendars, and handling correspondence
- Assist with maintaining accurate and up-to-date records, databases, and filing systems related to shelter operations, client information, and administrative documents
- Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings to take notes and attendance, and prepare and distribute meeting materials to attendees
- Assist with the coordination of shelter activities, events, and programs
- Conduct research on various topics as requested by the Executive Director or leadership team, compiling information, and preparing summaries or reports for decision-making purposes
- Prepare reports, presentations, and other documents as needed for internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with the recruitment process, including posting job openings, scheduling interviews, and coordinating onboarding activities for new hires
- Help to update and maintain organizational policies and procedures
- Manage office supply inventory and order supplies as necessary to ensure smooth operations
- Assist with financial tasks such as processing invoices, tracking expenses, and reconciling receipts
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines when handling sensitive information related to clients and shelter operations.
- Contribute to a positive and supportive work environment by demonstrating a commitment to teamwork, professionalism, and respect for all individuals
Under supervision of the Executive Director, the Facilities Manager is responsible for the oversight of building maintenance, general custodial and upkeep and overall appearance of the Lawrence Community Shelter (LCS) grounds and facilities. This person is also responsible for the general safety and security of LCS property, as well as the security of guests who utilize services offered. This position works in collaboration with the City of Lawrence’s Homeless Solutions Division Logistics Manager. This is an on-call position, which requires after-hours duties as well as regular daily scheduled hours. This position is responsible for, in cooperation with the Executive Team at LCS, developing and monitoring the annual budget and maintaining a recommended capital budget.
Classification: Full-time hourly non-exempt.
Hourly Rate: $18.00-$24.00/hour, pay will commensurate with experience.
Benefits include: Referral program, Time and a half pay on holidays, Health, dental, and vision insurance, Basic life/AD&D insurance, Employee Assistance Program
- On-Call as needed for urgent issues
- Supervise staff, volunteers, and detail guest workers in building custodial, maintenance and security areas, to include development of schedules, hiring and firing facilities staff, regular team meetings, and staff development.
- Maintain security systems, including cameras, locks, keys, doors, alarm companies, etc.
- Oversees internal and external security of LCS guests and property, including investigation of incidents and accidents, as well as observation and documentation.
- Responsible for vehicle registration and maintenance of those vehicles utilized by LCS.
- Responsible for comprehensive custodial and maintenance of all LCS facilities, i.e., floors, plumbing, heating and cooling, electric, painting, roofs, asphalt, etc.
- Responsible for maintenance of grounds for all LCS facilities: mowing, trimming, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
- Oversees the purchasing and monitoring of supplies needed throughout LCS facilities.
- Ensures the proper storage, upkeep, and maintenance of all LCS equipment and tools.
- Ensures that appropriate parties prepare for all inspections: fire alarm, sprinkler systems, fire extinguishers, kitchen hoods, health department, etc.; and maintains records in a safe easily accessible place.
- Responsible for the disposal of unsecured drugs, meds, sharps and weapons.
- Evaluate organizational needs for both short term and long-term situations and develop strategic solutions to address those situations.
Do you want to make a difference in other people’s lives and serve those experiencing homelessness in Douglas County? Do you thrive in a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced atmosphere?
The Lawrence Community Shelter will soon be hiring Direct Service Advocates! Keep an eye out for this position on our Indeed page.