Studio 804 and Lawrence Community Shelter are pleased to invite you to attend the Monarch Village Ribbon Cutting!
Please join us for a celebration and dedication of Monarch Village, a sustainable tiny home community for families experiencing homelessness in Douglas County.
Please RSVP using the form on this page.
(On a desktop, the form is to the right; on a phone, the form is at the bottom of the page.)
Registration is not required but your RSVP would be very much appreciated so we will know how many attendees to expect.
Face masks will be required, and safely distanced tours of the units will be offered throughout the event.
Date: Saturday, May 15
Time: 12-3 PM
Location: Lawrence Community Shelter
Address: 3655 E. 25th St., Lawrence, KS 66046
The ceremony begins at 1:00 PM and will be livestreamed on Facebook for those who are unable to attend.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to to show you all the good that Monarch Village is going to do for families experiencing homelessness in our community!
Please consider donating to the Monarch Village project today! To give by check, please make it out to Lawrence Community Shelter and note “Monarch Village” in the memo line. Checks will be accepted at the event or can be addressed to Meghan Bahn, Lawrence Community Shelter, 3655 E. 25th St., Lawrence, KS 66046.
Thank you for being a part of this amazing project!
MONARCH VILLAGE AT A GLANCE
- 12 tiny dwelling units (160 sq ft each) located onsite
- The units will be surrounded by a working vegetable garden and butterfly waystation on an existing half acre of green space on the south side of LCS
- Provides access to quarantine and isolation for up to 12 households experiencing homelessness
- Capacity to shelter for up to 48 individual family members, once the need for quarantine and isolation is reduced
- Construction began September 2020, with units completed and installed by May 2021
- Up to 40% of the project costs will be in-kind contributions from Studio 804